I am a food scientist and soon to be MSc holder of International Food Business & Consumer Studies with more than 8 years of experience in the food sector, specifically in food manufacturing & quick serving restaurants (QSR) segments.
Worked with several standards & multinational brands, such as Libnor Standards, GSO Standards,
Yum! Brands & CKE Restaurants Holdings.
Core competencies include:
– Quality Control, Operations Control, Food Safety, Microbiological Analysis.
– Internal Auditing (Food Production, Restaurant Operation Compliance Checks as per Yum! Brands and CKE Standards, Distribution Center Audit as per Yum! Brands).
– Quality Assurance, Supplier Development & Approval Processes.
– New Product/Recipe Development
– Implementation of Quality Management Systems (QMS), such as ISO 9001, ISO 22000.
– Food Safety, Food Hygiene Trainings
Quality Control SupervisorAl Wadi Al Akhdar - Obegi GroupJune 2013 - February 2017
Senior Quality Control SupervisorAl Wadi Al Akhdar - Obegi GroupFebruary 2017 - August 2017
• Performing laboratory and on-line testing of raw materials, packing materials and finished products and related processes in order to make sure they are compliant with the factory standards and specifications
• Coordinating all quality related activities in coordination with QC Manager, production, maintenance, procurement and warehousing departments in order to keep up with the firm’s quality standards
• Troubleshooting minor issues with concerned departments and report major non-conformities and deviations from standards to QC manager in order to facilitate corrective action and decision making
• Supervising good manufacturing Practices conduct as well as hygiene related applications in order to make sure production is taking place in a clean and safe environment
• Performing monthly data analysis on relevant test results to convey results and interpretation
Quality Control & Food Safety ManagerAl Wadi Al Akhdar - Obegi GroupAugust 2017 - November 2018
• Managing the quality control department to make sure they are performing upon the set quality standards
• Implementation of the Food safety & Quality management system ISO 22000 and verification of all the company
procedures & factory forms
• Verifying the good implementation of sampling and tasks related to calibration and verification plans
• Approving the incoming materials and product releases in order to meet company and customer requirements
• Arranging with the quality team the verification of the prepared orders against customers’ requirements
• Approving continuous improvements to quality, processes, and laboratory methods in order to enhance processes and
• Managing the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) conduct as well as hygiene related applications in order to make
sure production is taking place in a clean and safe environment
• Handling non-conformance of products and customer complaints investigation in order to take the necessary corrective action and resolving damages
• Verifying the good functionality of the pest control management system
• Originating, following-up correction/corrective actions, in addition to non-conforming reports for any deviation or
• Handling of the external communication in issues related to quality and safety
Country Quality Assurance LeadKuwait Food Company - AmericanaJanuary 2019 - July 2021
• Managing Americana Quality Management System (AQMS) in Lebanon, to achieve the highest food safety and quality standards
• Assuring Americana’s KFC restaurants are provided with safe and consistent quality of products and services
• Improving supply chain from suppliers to customers and ensuring every delivery to the stores meets product’s specifications
• Assuring that suppliers develop Food Safety and Quality systems from raw material through finished product manufacturing and that audits & corrective actions are in place as per Yum! Brands Standards
• Evaluating new supplier’s capabilities and potential to meet Amerciana’s restaurants standards
• Supporting Yum! Brands in auditing new & capable suppliers
• Conducting regular product evaluations of supplier production versus target products and monitoring product
• Conducting internal audits for distribution center, restaurants & Americana suppliers. Developing & training the
teams to achieve the required KPIs
• Assisting the central QA team to develop QA tools for market analysis
• Assessing results of pest control & carbonated beverages services, in order to maximize customer satisfaction
Bachelor of ScienceAmerican University of Beirut2010 - 2013
Bachelor of Science in Food Science & Management
Group CEO Ownership Mindset Award2020
Associated with Kuwait Food Company (Americana)